How Many Sclerotherapy Treatments Are Needed for Spider angioma?

Spider angioma treatment - Buffalo Niagara NY

+1
Spider angiomas are 'stubborn' and need more than 1 treatment and I find the best treatment is the hyfercator which is electrocautery every 4-6 weeks for 2-3 sessions. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Spider angiomas are easy!

+1

Spider angiomas are easy! The pulse dye laser is the industry gold standard for treating these on the face. If we can really “turn up the juice” and leave you with some temporary (1 week) bruising, I can do these in one session. If we have to use more mild settings then it may take me 2-3.

Bobby Buka, MD

Several

+1

Spider angioma are not spider veins. They are smaller than spider veins and usually have a central darkened area. Spider angioma can usually be treated by laser, sclerotherapy if the needle can enter the vein, IPL or microneedle radio frequency. All options can work and each option may require anywhere from one to three treatments.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

+1

Thank you for your question. It can take up to 3-6 treatments every 6-8 weeks to treat spider angioma.  There is a possibility that spider angiomas can recur after treatment. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist for safest and best treatment option.  I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Spider angioma treatment

+1

Spider angiomas are best treated via gentle electrocautery or laser therapy; would not recommend sclerotherapy for it.

Anatoli Freiman, MD, FRCPC

Toronto Dermatology Centre

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Treatment for Spider Angioma

+1

Spider angioma of the face are best treated with light electrocautery (superficial burning of the blood vessels) or with laser treatments. I personally find light electrocautery to be much more effective than laser. Typically, 1-3 treatment sessions are required to achieve optimal, long-lasting results.  Sclerotherapy (an injection technique where an irritating solution is injected into veins) is typically used for small- and medium-sized veins in the lower extremities and several treatments (2 to 4) are usually needed. I recommend you consult a board-certified dermatologist for an evaluation and possible treatment of spider angiomas and/or leg veins. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Sclerotherapy

+1

Sclerotherapy is not the treatment for spider angioma.  In my opinion, the pulsed dye laser (PDL) would be the treatment of choice. 

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Spider Angiomas Respond Well To Electrocautery

+1

For more than thirty years I have treated spider angiomas. When they occur on the face as isolated spots that blanch when pressed, they can be treated with simple electrocautery, which takes literally seconds to perform. In most cases, one treatment session is enough, although occasionally an additional treatment several weeks later might be needed. Electrocautery leaves a tiny, temporary wound that crusts and eventually heals completely. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Three treatments about average for spider veins of the legs

+1

while this varies across individuals and how many areas of spider veins they start with, three sessions is about average for the treatment of most patients we see with this issue. there is essentially no down time with these procedures.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Best treatment for Spider Angioma

+1

SpIder Angioma of the face are best treated with one of several lasers or electrocautery, which depending on the size can take anywhere from one to three sessions.  Sclerotherapy is usually used for the small to medium sized blood vessels found on the legs. The number of treatments also depend upon the size and number of vessels being treated

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist