Sclerotherapy on Swelling?

I'm a 32-year-old female, with swelling over left side mendible, jaw area, and lower neck line. The doctor suggested sclerotherapy, is it advisable?

Sclerotherapy is not advisable on swelling you describe

+1

There are multiple possible causes of the swelling you describe, but none of them that I can think of are treatable with sclerotherapy. Besides, sclerotherapy of the face can be a risky procedure because of the proximity of large, intracranial veins.

Your best bet is to see a head and neck specialist - ENT or a general surgeon with a special interest in head and neck pathology.

Go soon so you can rest easy.

Bay Area General Surgeon

See head and neck surgeon for jaw swelling or neck mass

+1

Without examining you and getting a more detailed history, I highly advise that you see a head and neck specialist and have him/her evaluate you with a CT scan and or MRI/MRA to determine the cause of this problem before any treatment is undertaken. Sclerotherapy is not a common procedure for this type of problem. A more ominous source such as a vascular anomaly, neoplasm/cancer must be ruled out. A oromaxillofacial surgeon evaluation may also be warranted. I advise that you see a specialist soon.

Buffalo General Surgeon