Sclerotherapy on arm vein. Do I have to worry about blood clots?

I had sclerotherapy done on a vein in my arm 3 days ago. I talked to a plastic surgeon after and she was shocked that they did a vein in the arm. Now I'm scared to death I'm going to die from a blood clot. What are the risks of doing arm veins and how long do I have to worry about a blood clot happening?

Arm vein sclerotherapy is safe

The incidence of a deep vein clot moving into the lungs from the upper extremities is 1%. What you have injected was a superficial vein - so, the superficial vein would have to extend into the deep veins of the arms and then embolize the heart and lungs - MUCH LESS than 1% - so, don't worry. The plastic surgeon is not well read on treatment of upper extremity varicose veins. Find a board certified vein specialist from the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM).