I Have Scleroderma Can I Inject Botox?

Botox can help scleroderma patients

+1

I have treated s couple of patients with Scleroderma for their upper lip lines, with the approval of their primary care physican and/or rheumatologist. Theresults have been excellent with no side effects, but that can't guarantee you wouldn't develop side effects (unrelated to the scleroderma). You, or your physician who will be treating you with botox, should check with your rheumatologist if it is OK to proceed.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency proceed to your nearest emergency room.

Botox and side effects

+1

Before treatment, be sure to meet with a knowledgable and informed injector to discuss your issue - but there shouldn't be any problem with Botox injections.

Sam Naficy, MD

Injecting scleroderma patients with Botox

+1

I have treated scleroderma patients with Botox without any problems, and there is really no data to suggest that there would be any problem in treating scleroderma patients with botulinum toxins like Botox. Most importantly, make sure to be treated by an experienced and highly trained injector such as a dermatologist. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Scleroderma and Botox

+1

My assumption here is that you have scleroderma and want to receive a Botox treatment, not be the injector yourself..... So with that being said, I have done Botox injections on numerous patients who have scleroderma. If you'd like to be comfortable with the decision to proceed, consult your rheumatologist or other physician who treats your scleroderma and make certain you see a physician-injector for the Botox.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox for Scleroderma

+1

I think it is safe to inject Botox if you have scleroderma. In fact, I think that it may help.

There have been some studies that used this to help people with Scleroderma and in these cases, the scleroderma symptoms improved.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon