Sciton Skin Tyte Laser for Saggy Breasts

Dear Doctors, I am 40 years old and have some sagging of the breasts. My cup size is somewhere between B and C. I was wondering is Sciton Skin Tyte Laser might be a soloution for me to tighten the skin of my breasts wihtout me going under the knife. Thank you for the input.

Sciton for tightening of berats

+2

I think this would be  a waste of money and have certain risks.Options in clude a peri arealar,ie around the nipple lift with a small implant or just go for an implant to enhance volume but a laser will not do the trick.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lasers won't tighten your skin significantly to correct breast sagging.

+2

Unfortunately there is no skin treatment available (including lasers) which will tighten the skin of the breasts enough to prevent a breast lift.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Skin Tyte not a solution for saggy breasts

+2

This probably would not be a successful solution.  I wish it worked that way but the Sciton only gives minimal tightness and will not create the results you are looking for. 

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

I don't know of any skin tightening laser that would tighten your skin enough to significantly lift your breasts.  These gizmos tend to be long on promotion and short on results.  Breast lift is one of my favorite procedures because recovery is pretty quick and patients are usually very, very pleased.  A "vertical" breast lift leaves scars only around the areola and then a vertical scar from the bottom of the areola to the breast fold.  The scars usually fade so that they are not very obvious.  I have NEVER has a lady say "I would trade these scars for my saggy breasts"!  Maybe someday there will be a no scar gizmo that works and really tightens skin, but we aren't there yet!

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Laser for saggy breasts

+2

Good idea but any effect from a skin tightening laser would be minimal and not long lasting.Better to save your money.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast Lift with Lasers?

+2

I'm sorry, but I am not aware of any effective treatements of sagging breasts (aka ptosis) with laser therapy.  If the sagging is your primary concern, you will need to explore a breast lift.  please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Laser Breast Lift

+2

Thanks for the question.

I do not recommend you undergo this procedure to manage your saggy breasts. In all likelihood you will be dissatisfied with the results as they will not produce a significant lift. Additionally, there is no reshaping of the breast mound provided by a laser procedure, as would experience with a breast lift. In our practice, we utilize skin tightening techniques that are performed in conjunction with formal mastopexies in order to provide a more comprehensive result. The "skin aspect" is only a part of the overall effect.

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Skintyte

+2

I would not advise you to go this route.  Results with the laser are very subtle.  It will not do what you want.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Laser tightening is not a substitute for breast lift

+2

While laser can have a effect on fine facial lines it is very unlikely that laser treatments of any kind will shrink and tighten the breast skin and lift the breast. I am afraid that breast lift is the only solution.

peterejohnsonmd

Will a laser tighten my breasts instead of a lift?

+2

Although laser technology has improved dramatically in the last several years, skin tightening of any body part is still somewhat unpredictable.  Also, keep in mind that dropping of your breasts is not only related to skin laxity but also to stretching of the internal ligaments (Cooper's Ligaments).  With that in mind, it is doubtful that you will achieve any significant degree of tightening with a laser alone.

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon