Scheduled for Lift & Augment Surgery in 2 Weeks. Deciding Between 450 or 500 Cc - Any Thoughts? (photo)

I have received different opinions ranging from no augment, lift only to 500 depending on the look I would like. I am 5'2", 132lb, 45 y.o. Pics attached.

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift decreases implant size required

+1

You are focusing on implant size when a lift is more important.  From your photographs, your breasts are too low, too far apart and you would certainly benefit from a lift.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness, reposition them higher on the chest wall and displace them more medial to increase cleavage.  Your photographs show your breasts are quite larger with the right side being slightly larger than the left.  You have to decide whether you want to be larger or not.  Unfortunately, you have not told us your cup size.  If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  Your breasts appear to be at least a size C and 400 cc implants would probably result in a DD or larger, which would be excessive.  I certainly do not recommend 500 cc implants.  A more reasonable choice would be in the order of 200 cc implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Many options for your breasts

+1

The many opinions that you have gotten are all right- anything can be done with your breasts.  The key is what YOU want to look like.  If you want your breasts larger, then an implant is the way to go in addition to a lift.  If you like the size of your current breasts, a lift alone will give you a similar cup size but a perkier appearance. 
The important thing is for you to see a plastic surgeon who listens to your goals, and then recommends a treatment plan.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes a combination of a full lift but smaller implant is possible. But if you desire a large implant than I would separate the surgeries, especially in the 500 cc range. 

Augment and lift?

+1

The volume you choose should be made in conjunction with your exam and discussion with your surgeon. It looks like you may need a lift as well.

Bigger or Smaller Implants

+1

The difference between 450 cc and 500 cc is relatively small. When I perform an augmentation together with a breast lift, in most cases I and the patient want to use the smallest implant volume that will produce a nice shape, with satisfactory upper pole fullness. It's often necessary to determine the precise implant size at the time of surgery, since it can be difficult to determine in advance when a major lift is also being done. Remember that a bigger implant is also heavier, and will lead to more stretching and possible breast tissue thinning with passage of time.

Andres Taleisnik, MD

450 or 500 Cc

+1

I cannot tell from your posting what your goals are. If your size is adequate, and you only want a correction of the ptosis (sagging), then a lift alone would be your best option.

If you wish to be larger, trying on the implants would be most useful. It appears that your have a fair amount of breast tissue, and implants of the size you propose will make you quite large, probably about two cups larger or more. A 50 cc difference at that volume will not make much of a difference. 

If you do get implants, a lift would be advisable, since the nipple appears to be at about the level of the breast fold and should be higher, If implants are placed and no lift is done, the breast may seem to be draping off the implant.

Last comment is about the breast shape. There is some deficit of tissue in the central area, and fullness at the outer part..  Large implants may exaggerate this appearance and make it difficult to fit into clothing.

Thanks for your question and for the photos. best wishses. 

Lift or implants

+1

I think you have more than enough volume to get a nice result from a lift alone. That being said if you want a little more "boost" to the upper pole, then an implant would help. I personally think a 500 cc implant is way too big for you based on the photos you provided. I suggest you look on line at results with 500 cc implants and compare your appearance now to the starting point of those women.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

A Mastopexy with implants

+1

That surgery is fine. If you are a dancer or want to be huge go with the large implants. Perhaps smaller would be more appropriate for you frame.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast lift with augmentation is a very common combination of procedures.

+1

Picture demonstrates breast that are ptotic but fairly generous and volume. The large implants will make the breast quite large after placement. Be certain that you want to end up with breasts of that size. If so, the combination of procedures seems to be the right choice.

Lift or implants?

+1

Based on the picture you provided, I would think that you need some sort of breast lift procedure if you want to attain a perkier look to your breasts.  Implants alone will simply add volume to your breasts and you seem to have plenty of volume already.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD