I Am Scheduled for a Breast Lift Surgery in One Month. Should I Get a Breast Lift with a Lollipop Incision? (photo)

Also should I get implants? I was measured to have 26cm and 24.5 cm. Please help. What do you recommend?

Is the lolipop breast incision right for me?

+1

Thank you for the photo.  You have ptosis and need a lift.  Some things cannot be determined by just one photo.  What is your skin like? etc..  Also what are your goals?  Do you want upper pole fullness? Then you may need an inplant as well.  Sometimes the final decision on the scar is made on the OR table.  Discuss your concerns with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/mastopexy-breast-lift

Another option to the lollipop incision

+1

Please do not get implants unless you desire more volume!  Implants are not the answer to achieve upper pole fullness nor to 'take up the slack' like some would like to convey. Implants will only stretch your tissue (regardless of where they are placed) and eventually you will have the same problem you have now, but bigger! There is a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift that does not require a vertical scar. You obviously have enough volume to have nice size breasts for your body type. The UBL was developed using engineering principles to lift the breast safely and more permanently than the anchor/vertical lifts in current use. Patients enjoy natrual looking breasts without the need of implants to provide upper pole fullness. It's worth looking into. Best wishes,

Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Get vertical lift

+1

Thank you for the pictures.  You should get a vertical (lollipop) lift as part of your surgical plan.  I probably would also add a short horizontal component as well.

Breast lift which option ?

+1

From the pictures you look like you maybe a good candidate for the lollipop lift. Keep in mind at times a small amount of skin in a horizontal line maybe removed if a vertical lift does not suffice. You are a great candidate to add implants to the procedure it will give you superior pole fullness that you lack at this time.

Good luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastlift.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift incisions

+1

We all have different experiences when it comes to breast lift incisions. Mine is that the most important part of the breast lift is the final result of the intention of the operation, i.e. the lift. If you compromise with the lift so that there is less scarring the patient will not be happy. I think that you would benefit most by the full lift which includes an incision under the breast, an anchor incision. Ask your plastic surgeon to show pictures of the lollipop vs the full lift and see what the differences are. Make sure you see pictures that are at least 6 months out but preferably longer after the operation. Everyone looks good initially.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop Lift?

+1

The patient doesn't choose the method of surgery, the surgeon does. Every surgeon knows what works best for your type of sag in his hands. Personaly I'd choose an Anchor Mastopexy but your surgeon may get a better result with the lollipop.  Dr Foster

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop breast lift is by far the best.

+1

Hi.

The lollipop (vertical) breast lift gives you long term perky breasts because the breasts are lifted from the inside. Other operations not only have more scarring, but depend on tightening the skin to create shape.  And skin stretches.

Breast lift and technique

+1

You look like you may be a good candidate for a lollipop lift for your mastopexy.  You should be aware that with very large areola, some pigment may not be removed around the border of the areola during the procedure.  In addition, it may not be possible to centralize your areola more to the center of the breast.

Breast Lift and Breast Implants?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

The operation that will best help you meet your goals will depend on exactly what your goals are. Obviously, this cannot be adequately evaluated based on a brief online communication.  Based on the single view photograph, clearly a vertical or full breast lift will be necessary to achieve a nice result.

Given that you are scheduled for breast surgery already,  hopefully you have met with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and have communicatived your goals clearly.  This communication will be critical to determine whether breast implants will be necessary to achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Keep in mind, that if you are not already there, it would be in your best interest to undergo the breast surgery when you have achieved a long-term stable weight.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm