Im Scheduled for a BA Very Soon and I Am Concerned on the Results of my Choice of Implant?

im 110 Lb and 5.1 Tall with a 34A or smaller i would say and i have decided to go with silicone 250cc, would this give me a B cup after surgery?

Implant size

+2

Given your description, the implant size you mention is reasonable. 250 cc implants are generally considered small and consistent with a B cup in most cases. Sometimes it is helpful to show your surgeon photos of breasts you like from either the Internet or magazines to make sure you get the size you expect. Good luck!

Implant Size to Achieve Your goals

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Achieving Your Cup Size Goals?

+1

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering   revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Choosing Implant Size for Breast Augmentation

+1

Many women struggle with making a decision for what size implants they want, I have my patients do the "rice test" and have found it very beneficial in determining the right size. To do the rice test, take uncooked rice and place it in a nylon stocking cut off at mid calf, start with one cup of rice which equals 250cc of volume and tie a knot, not too tight, the rice needs to be able to move around, place it in your bra around your breasts and try on different shirts and see how you like the look, increase or decrease the rice until you get the desired look. Good Luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Cup size and implants

+1

It is difficult to predict cup size from implant volumes because bras are all made differently. Best to do a baggy test to give a rough idea.

Implant size does NOT guarantee a specific implant cup size!!!

+1

implants don't come in cup sizes but in actual volume in milliliters or ccs. Therefore an implant size in not a guarantee of a particular cup size. Also, the final bra size is a sum of the starting bra size plus the added breast implant volume. Therefore, I always have patients try on different breast implants in front of the mirror in order to get a better idea of how they would finally look, instead of the actual bra size!

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Concerned on the Results of my Choice of Implant?

+1

I would be concerned to if I let an inexperienced patient pick their implant. That's the responsibility of your surgeon. What are you paying him for?

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1

Cup size depends on the circumference of the chest and the manufacture that makes the bra. Based on your descriptions you are petite. During your free consultation at our office, we measure your chest circumference , the width of your desired breast and your breast skin envelope. Based on these measurements a range of  implant sizes will be recommended. The recommended breast implants will be placed on your chest/breast to determine which size give you the look you like. An approximate cup size will be estimated based on the measurements above.

B. Kalantarian, MD

+1

It might.

There are no fixed definitions of cup size. I have a number of patients who have bras that fit in three different cup size. 

I like to have patients try on implants as a guide to deciding what to use. usually it is about 10% larger than the trial sizer. Another visit to your surgeon is in order if you have uncertainty about sizing. Surgeons on the internet without the benefit of an exam or at least photos will not be of much help. Best wishes.