How Long Can It Take for Skin to Reattach After Lipo? (photo)

I am 6 weeks post op and the skin above my belly button is not reattaching as quickly as the other skin. This area is the only area I had stretch marks and not sure if that is the reason why. My doctor advised me to continue to wear garment another 4-6 weeks and I would like to know what is the probablity of this skin reattaching. Is there anything I can do to help the process?

How Long Can It Take for Skin to Reattach After Liposuction?

+1

At 6 weeks, the skin and other tissues have likely reattached.  Massage and the resolution of swelling will likely help with the final result.  However, loose skin will not be made better with liposuction.  Continue to follow with your plastic surgeon for followup and recommendations.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Skin Tightening After Liposuction

+1

Thank you for the question. Skin with severe stretch marks does not tightened as well and could be the reason for the differences. Please follow the advise of your plastic surgeon. 

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD