Scheduled to Get a Breast Aug/Lift Soon but Am Completely Confused As to What Style, Type, and Size of Implant to Get? (photo)

I am 5'4, 135 lbs with a 31" ribcage and a small B cup. My bwd is somewhere around 13 cm. I have ptosis and slightly tuberous breasts. I am considering getting a moderate profile saline implant btw. 300 and 325 cc's. My concerns are them being larger than I'd like, the space in between my breasts, and looking heavier if they have a very wide appearance under clothing. I would ideally like a medium-full C cup and nothing larger than that. I would appreciate any advice.

Lift with a Moderate Sized Implant

+1

A breast lift with a moderate sized implant will probably produce the result you are seeking.  Sizers tried on in the office will give you the best idea about final size.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast lift

+1

The plan to use moderate high profile saline implants sounds appropriate for a moderate lift, conservative augmentation, and correction of asymmetry if necessary. Once the implants are in their submuscular opcket, then size can be decided and removal of the amount of skin can be mapped out to do your lift. Silicone gel implants could be used but correction of arymmetry,if present, is more difficult.   

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Scheduled to Get a Breast Aug/Lift Soon but Am Completely Confused As to What Style, Type, and Size of Implant to Get?

+1

Over internet with a very poorly posted photo makes it impossible to advise. The best advise is to seek MORE in person opinions from boarded PSs in your city. My guess is you need breast lift and asymmetric implant sizes. Good luck. 

TUBEROUS BREASTS

+1

It appears from your photos that you exhibits characteristics of tuberous breast. You would benefit from areolar reduction, mastopexy, and augmentation.  The size you selected seems appropriate.  I would consider a high profile implant. Gels will provide a more natural result and feel. 

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Completely Confused

+1

There are a number of features that define a tuberous breast:

•Wide and puffy areolae
•widely spaced breasts
•high breast fold
•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast
•minimal breast tissue
•high breast fold
•narrow base of the breast

Most of these are apparent in your photo. 

Trying on implants is a useful way to help choose the size. If the sizers look too large, the implants will probably look too large.You will need a lift probably with more than a simple incision around the areola. Your breasts are rather widely spaced, and implants must be placed to be centered within your breast tissue, and the enlarged and lifted breasts will still be more widely separated than you and your surgeon would like. 

If you remain very mixed up, consider delaying your surgery until you can make a confident decision. All the best. 

Breast Augmentation and Lift questions

+1

This is a clear case of You Must Trust Your Surgeon.  Based on your photos, there are a lot of factors to consider. If you are unsure about your surgery, it is best to seek other opinions.  You need to feel comfortable with your Plastic Surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD