I Am Scheduled to Have Botox on Monday. Is It Ok to Have a Flu Shot on Tuesday?

This is my second time getting Botox. The first turned out very well, but I did have a headache the second day. It it ok to get a flu shot that second day? Thanks!

Botox and flu shot

+1

Although there is no absolute contraindication to having the flu shot and botox injections within a day of each other, there is a slight possibility of feeling flu-like symptoms from the botox treatment and if they occur the day after, and you have the flu shot that day, you wouldn't know which is causing your sympoms.

Botox and Flu Shot Should Not Be a Problem

+1

There are no studies on this combination, however, once in a while (especially with patients brand new to Botox), I do get reports of a mild headache or flu-like symptoms for a day or so following a Botox injection.  So, although there aren't any known contraindications, it's probably wise that you do them on different days.  If you experience any flu-like symptoms Tuesday morning, hold off for a few days on the flu shot.

Steven Svehlak, MD

Fort Lauderdale Botox

+1
There is no interaction between these two injectables. While both do have potential local injection site tenderness.

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox OK with Flu Shot

+1

It should be okay to get your flu shot with Botox; there aren't any known contraindications at this point.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and flu shot

+1

It's not a problem to have Botox Cosmetic and a flu shot within a day of each other, or frankly, the same day. Neither can or will affect the other.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox & the Flu vaccine

+1

Dear 678Sandy in Dallas, TX: you can have your scheduled injections with no problem. Botox on Monday, & the flu shot on Tuesday. There is no mention of any interaction between the two injections in the medical literature, that I am aware of.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

There is no study to my knowledge that looks at the effects of Botox injections and flu shots. I see no reason for them to interact and create a problem!

Botox can cause a flu type of feeling for a few days after the injection in rare cases!

So if you are concerned about it then do them separately other wise go for it!!

Goo luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Flu shot

+1

Go ahead. But for incompatability questions Allergan is the best source. I know of no reason not to proceed.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Botox is safe in conjunction withthe flus hot

+1

There are no adverse interactions I am aware of between Botox and the flu shot.  However, if you have any additional questions you can visit the CDC's site.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and flu shot

+1

I don't think there is any science to back any answer to your question.  Since my consent says that botox may be associated with flu like symptoms, I would prefer to separate the two.  Although I agree that there is no interaction between them, this would be my preference.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon