I'm Scheduled to Have my Abs and Flanks Done This Month. But, Now I Want to Have my Innee

To have my thighs done as well...should I wait or have them all done at once?

More liposuction areas

+1

If you are having surgery performed at a certified facility, and your surgeon is also certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons then you may have more areas done. Remember that the limit on out patient lipo is five thousand Milli Litter or about  five kilograms (multiply by 2.2 for pounds), so if the areas already scheduled for lipo require taking that much to make you look good; don't do more areas. If it's less, then by all means do it.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Talk to your doc to see if other areas can safely be done at the same time as the original liposuction areas.

+1

Your doc will tell you if it is safe to add other areas onto the original areas to be liposuctioned.  Many docs will take a little fat from many areas and tell you they did all these areas at once but not be thorough in any one area since there is a limit on the total amt of fat removed safely at any one time.  Those patients tend to not see much difference in any of the areas and are very unhappy.  This gives lipo a bad reputation.  You want a doc who is very thorough and will give you great results that you will like.  Typically the abdomen and flanks or hips are done in one procedure while the thighs as well as lower buttocks and knees are done in a separate procedure. Mid backs, axillae, and arms are done in a separate procedure as well.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Additional Liposuction

+1

It is certainly possible to add liposuction of the thighs to the other areas.  This is a decision, however, that  needs to be made between you and your plastic surgeon.  If you are a good candidate for liposuction in this area and there are no other contraindications, it  may be reasonable.

Stephen Delia, MD

Liposuction

+1

Every patient is different and so you should have a discussion with your surgeon regarding if you are a good candidate for liposuction of the thighs and/or if it's safe to do at the same time as the other areas.  For young, healthy patients with no medical issues, I would perform these areas at the same time for the patient so that there is one fee, one recovery time, etc..