Do I Need to Schedule an Emergency Visit with Orthodontist?

I'm being treated currently with invisalign. I'm 22 years old. I am on my last trays with my top and bottom teeth, and my appointment is in ten days. I've been in a refinement for my top teeth but my bottom tray has been the same for the last seven months. I seem to have misplaced my bottom tray, and I could either book and appointment with the office or start wearing the second to last tray. Is ten days too long to be without a retainer? And would it not be a step backward to start an old tray?

Lost Invisalign tray

+3

I would call the orthodontist.  Replacement trays or retainers can be ordered from Invisalign without a new impression.  Don't go back to an old tray unless the orthodontist tells you to.

Fairfield Orthodontist

Aligner trays are not designed to last as long as retainers

+2

On the bright side, a new material will help (a fresh tray) as the 7 month old aligner has likely distorted or cracked.  I would suggest getting to see the orthodontist as soon as possible so that a new aligner or retainer can be made.  Going back to an old one would be the last resort...

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Lost retainer

+2

after 7 months your teeth should be relatively stable...nonetheless, 10 days plus the time necessary to make a new retainer means some risk of tooth movement....I would try to get in sooner if possible  or go back to the previous aligner

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Lost Invisalign tray

+1

Call the Dentist who is treating you.  They can better answer your question based on your progress and treatment.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist