When to Schedule an Appointment to Book a Rhinoplasty for the Summer?

I have only a narrow window in work schedule to have a rhinoplasty, so I wonder when should I have a consultation to book a surgery for June ? (how far in advance) For computer imaging prior to surgery, would it matter if I had fillers under my eyes (restylane and perlane) and in my cheeks ? I get them about ~ 3 months.

Rhinoplasty Consultation

+2
Summer is a busy season for cosmetic surgery. If you have a narrow window of dates to have the procedure, you should schedule your appointment now. Fillers do not affect the computer imaging for a rhinoplasty procedure.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Timing of consultation before rhinoplasty

+2

Thanks for the question. The summer and winter breaks tend to be the busiest times of year for rhinoplasty surgery, as many younger patients have time off from school or college. I would recommend scheduling your consultation earlier rather than later, as this will give you time to ensure that you are completely comfortable with your plastic surgeon prior to proceeding with surgery. Many patients like to come in for a second consultation prior to making a decision regarding surgery and often bring friends or family members with them to this second visit. 

I find computer imaging to be a vital part of my cosmetic and functional rhinoplasty consultations. In this process, I take photos of the patient and "morph" or "photoshop" them on the computer to give the patient a simulation of the appearance of the nose following surgery. This exercise gives the patient a chance to communicate his or her aesthetic to me and for me to explain what results are realistic given the patient's anatomy and skin type. I typically spend 20-30 minutes with the patient performing this imaging to ensure that we are on the same page with our aesthetic goals. These images are then used during surgery as a template and I make every effort to shape the nose as closely to the imaging as possible. The placement of filler under the eyes would not affect the imaging process, in my opinion. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery scheduling dates

+1

If you have your heart set on a certain surgery date I would visit with plastic surgeons in your area now. Like many busy plastic surgeons my OR schedule typically fills early in summer months (especially june) and you may take 3 weeks or more to get in for a consult and then have surgery abailablity be least 6-8 weeks if not longer from that appointment. Some patients book must have dates 6 + months in advance with my practice. The filler you have in place shouldn't be an issue. Best of luck, Dr Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Scheduling for rhinoplasty in the summer

+1

Since you only have a narrow window in your work schedule to have a rhinoplasty, it is best to have a lead-time of a couple months. This way if you have any preexisting medical conditions that need further workup, there will be enough time to do so prior to surgery. It is important to have computer imaging prior to the surgery and it is irrelevant whether or not any fillers are placed around the eyelids or cheeks prior to undergoing computer imaging.  

Scheduling rhinoplasty in Michigan

+1

It typically takes 6-12 weeks to schedule a consultation with the surgeon at most offices.  The coveted time slots at the beginning or very end of the day often go a bit quicker.  Fillers would not really affect the nasal analysis unless your physician has used them to perforrm non surgical rhinoplasty on your nose.

Pramit Malhotra, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

When to schedule rhinoplasty consultation

+1

If you know that you want to have a rhinoplasty this summer I would recommend beginning the consultation process now. Getting a filler treatment in the interim won't affect the computer imagining results or plan.

You may want to visit with more than one surgeon, so leaving adequate time for this would help ensure that you could schedule surgery during the narrow window you have available.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Time for consultation depends on the surgeon

+1

The time required to book your consultation is very varied depending on surgeon.  In my practice, summer is very busy and hence patients book consultations as early as March and April to ensure a summer slot.  We perform computer imaging and preoperative evaluations on every one of our surgical patients.  These things are normally done 2-3 weeks prior to surgery, but it depends on the patient.  Patients who live outside of Houston normally get telephone/skype consultations with a pre-op much closer to the date of surgery to prevent numerous trips on the patient's behalf.

Fillers don't affect the rhinoplasty.

The short answer it is variable from surgeon to surgeon.  Planning ahead never hurts...

Raghu Athre

Double board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Houston, TX

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and Rhinoplasty

+1

You can do the fillers anytime that is convenient. To schedule a rhinoplasty with an experienced, busy surgeon it is usually necessary to do this 2-3 months in advance, especially when you have a "narrow" window in your work schedule. I suggest you do this in the near future.

Scheduling a consultation

+1

Even if it is several months away, you should schedule your consultation as soon as possible to ensure that you can have your surgery during the timeframe that works with your schedule.  Fillers around your eyes will not affect the computer imaging for your nose.  However, if you have had fillers in your nose, it may affect your evaluation.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Best Time to Schedule Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi SF,

Once you have chosen your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully, you should have your consultation(s) as soon as possible.  You will be seeing your rhinoplasty surgeon again within the week of your surgery for your pre-op appointment.  Fillers should not affect your rhinoplasty as long as they are not being placed in your nose.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD