Moving to NV I Want to Have a Facelift. Had Altitude Sickness Last Year. Does Altitude Affect Recovery?

In Feb of 2013 we will be staying in Incline Village,NV. We are looking at homes at a lower level for permanent residence ..In this time I was hoping to have my facelift. I am wondering if the lack of oxygen affects recovery?Also last year was the first time I ever had altitude sickness. Depending on how I feel can I recover in Incline Village,NV? Will it slow down recovery or cause complications?

Can I have a facelift and recover at high altitude

+2

Recovering in Incline Village sounds like a great way to recover from a facelift. The altitude should not have any negative impact on your recovery. Regarding altitude sickness, I would spend some time at or above Incline Village for a couple of days before your procedure to help adjust and avoid altitude sickness post-operatively.

Healing at altitude

+2

The higher altitude will not affect the healing process at all.  However, if you are inclined (sorry for the pun) to having altitude sickness it is pretty easy to deal with.  first of all, get acclimated to the new elevation for a few weeks.  lso, keeping around some supplemental oxygen may be of help.. You can get it with a prescription for,a medical supply store.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Altitude and Recovery

+2

The change in altitude should not grossly affect your recovery process provided you have had time to acclimate to the change in altitude for a little bit prior to surgery.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Does Altitude Affect Facelift Recovery?

+2

Give yourself a week to get acclimated to the higher altitude and you should have no troublewith your recovery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Facelift at high altitude affecting recovery?

+2

A facelift at altitude should not present any problem in your recovery. There are many surgeons who operate at high altitude and their patients do just fine. You should have no problem.

Facelift at high altitude

+2
Actually, our Denver plastic surgeons experience this every day in the mile high city. You are correct in that the air is thinner at high altitude and can delay healing. However, once there for awhile you will acclimate and will do just fine with your facelift.

Altitude and Recovery

+2

Once you have been in your new surroundings for a while you will acclimate to the altitude .Assuming you have no associated medical issues ,do not smoke or drink excessively there should not be a problem.Remember Denver and Salt lake city are pretty high and I have never heard or seen anything regarding specific geographical problems for facelifts in residents of those cities.I think Incline Village is beautiful.Good luck!

Jay M. Pensler, MD