What Scars Do I Have to Prepare Myself for with a Breast Lift? (photo)

I am planning to have a breast lift (no implants) and I am yet to come to terms with the scars. What scars will I most probably have based on the sagging I have? I would also like the asymmetry corrected (bigger one reduced to match the smaller breast) and a nipple size correction. I imagine lots of scars. Would I have less scars if I asked for an implant or are the two things unrelated? Thank you for your professional opinion!

A breast lift alone will be fine

+2

If done properly breast lift incisions can be nearly invisible when all healed.  You will need a circumvertical breast lift also know as a lollipop breast lift.  The incisions will be around your areola and down the middle of your breast.  Your larger breast will also have a small horizontal incision in your breast fold.  Attached is a link to a before and after photo set of one of my breast lift patients which shows how good the incisions can look.

Dr Remus Repta

Mastopexy scars

+2

You could have a very nice result by sculpting and reshaping your breast tissue with resulting lollipop scars (vertical mastopexy) ...without the horizontal (anchor) scar.  Using an implant would not obviate the need for the lollipop scar.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Scars for breast lift

+2

Thanks for your question, in my practice I would reccomend at least a scar around the areola and a vertical scar on the left and both a vertical and horizontal anchor pattern on the right.  Remember you are trading a scar fro shape and symmetry-good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

What Scars Do I Have to Prepare Myself for with a Breast Lift

+1

An implant will not reduce the lifting scars you need--don't get them unless you want them for more appropriate reasons!

On the smaller breast you should consider a vertical lift with an incision around the areola, and another from the 6 o'clock position on the areola down to the breast fold. On the left, there may also be an incision in the breast fold in addition. Look at photos of the scars on average patients to help in your decision. All the best.