Are these scars normal after 3 months of otoplasty? (photos)

I ve had otoplasty 3 months ago and on my left ear I've notice some strange scars especially on the lower section behind the lobe.There is also some kind of bump there and excess skin. Are these scars normal? Is there anything I can do to make them go away or they are Keloid scars? Please be honest Thanks

Are these scars normal after 3 months of otoplasty?

+1
Dear Niklittle,
Such long scars on the back of the ear are normal after an otoplasty with the traditional method. I can’t see any sure signs of keloid scars.
With the stitch method, these scars belong to the past as the ear is no longer cut open with this minimally invasive method.
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.