Scars by insect bites - What non-surgical treatment is there? (Photo)

Hi. I've got bitten by an insect which im not sure what it was. It left some dark scars on my face and i feel very uncomfortable. Is there any cream reccommended? Thank you for your help and advice. I really need to remove it all.

Correcting Scar Hyperpigmentation

+2
The most effective topical ingredient used to lighten hyperpigmentation is called hydroquinone. In some states it is available over the counter in low percentages (2%), but in most, it is a prescription that can be obtained only at a medical office. A 4% is recommended most often, but can be made available in higher percentages as well. Combining this product with a retinoid like Retin-A or Retinol will increase its efficacy. There are several precautions with using a prescription grade skin lightener, the most important being to protect your skin from the sun. When used for periods of less than 6 months, it is highly unlikely that any long term complications will result.
With the degree of pigmentation of your scars, a series of light IPL (Intense pulsed light) treatments would also significantly improve the discoloration.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Dark scar correction with Plato's Medicinals and Melarase for insect bite marks

+1
Dark discoloration of the skin can be improved with either Melarase creams used twice daily or Plato's Medicinals Dark Scar Corrector cream. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS