Will These Scars from Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty Go Away?

I am a 40 year old African American female who had upper and lower blepharoplasty 4 weeks ago and I am so dissatisfied with the result because of the technique my ps used knowing the fact that I am African American. I am responsibility because I just assumed he do the transconjuctival approach as apposed to transcutaneous. I had over ten consults and everyone explained that he/she would have the transconjuctival so I assumed that's the method he would

Bleparoplasty in African Americans

+1

I have never seen a long term scar issue in the numerous African American blepharoplasties that I have performed.  A transconjunctival bleph will not take care of skin and muscle issues in the lid.  That procedure contours only the fat.  I believe your scar concerns will be short lived and should resolve in a matter of weeks.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Eyelid scars

+1

There is no transconjunctival operation that can really benefit the upper eyelids. If you wnated no scars, you should not have consented to have upper blepharoplasties. I would think that 10 consultations should have informed you. Transconjunctival surgery works only for the lower lid fat removal or repositioning.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon