Scars from Open Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Dear Dr. i had an open rhinoplasty nearly a year now,however my scars doesn't seem healing well, still clearly showing as in the picture. i heard that some laser treatment can help, would u please tell which kind of laser and if it's effective in my case!!

Rhinoplasty Scarring

+1

From your pictures it looks like your scars have healed well. Every person scars differently, and your scarring is within the norm. The scars are not hypertrophic or keloid and are mature. It takes up to two years for the nose to completely heal, so be patient. I doubt that lasers will help the issue. Consult your doctor about the scars if you are very concerned.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Scars from Open Rhinoplasty?

+1

Thanks for the photos posted. In your pre operative discussions the step off deformity scar should have been explained as a complication of the open rhinoplasty technique. In my opinion reoperation on the area is needed to correct the step off, laser will not do it. 

Cars Prominent At 1 Year After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Clara,

At 1 year post-op, you should have your final results established but every patient id different a slight delay may take place down that line.

However, based on your photos it seems that you may benefit from a scar repair; laser treatment could be an option but a surgical approach is another possibility.

Only through a physical examination that the best method to enhance your nasal scar could be chosen.

I recommend that you communicate with your surgeon and if you are not comfortable doing so then a board certified surgeon with ample experience will be able to help make a well-informed decision.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS