Do Scars from Breast Augmentation Ever Fade Completely?

Are there ways to get rid of the appearance of scars? I'm just wondering if this surgery will inevitably leave me with permanent scarring, or if there are ways to prevent this. Thanks in advance for your help!

Fixing breast augmentation and breast implant scars with Melarase AM and Melarase PM

+1
Breast augmentation scars can be improved with fractional laser and topical application of Melarase AM and Melarase PM creams.  The creams will even out the scar color. 

Scars from Breast Augmentation

+1

No scar ever completely disappears to the discerning eye, but it is important that incisions are well-placed in an area that they are not noticeable once they fade.  For breast augmentation; under the crease, at the bottom of the nipple, or in the arm pit are popular locations.

It can take about a year for the scars to completely fade, sometimes longer. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Scars after breast augmentation do fade.

+1

Scars after any surgery do fade with time. I try to put scars in locations that make them more hidden. Also in my practice, patients start a scar control program after all types of surgery. Some patients heal with raised scars or keloid scars, we try to prevent this with the scar control program and see our patient frequently to check the healing.

Sheila Bond, MD
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Scars usually fade over time

+1

The best scars for augmentation, in my belief are those placed part way around the areola. They fade and disappear the best. The inframammary scars heal well, but not as well as those around the areola.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Do inframammary breast scars fade completely?

+1

Scars, in general, fade with time  but never completely disappear. Location does matter and scars inframammary scars often do well. But at times they result in less than optimal scars and adjunctive treatment may be necessary. You need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

George Lefkovits, MD

Scars

+1

All incisions heal by forming scar, and all scars are permanent.  They will fade over time and can be very inconspicuous, but there will always be a scar.

Donald Griffin, MD