I Have Scarring Above Right Nostril. If I Get Kenalog10 Injection There, Do I Have to Wait a Month to Get Injection on Supratip?

I have scar tissue above my right nostril. It looks bad but my biggest fear is getting a pollybeak. If I inject the scar tissue above my nostril and then after a few weeks god forbid start getting scar tissue on my supratip would I still have to wait before I inject it. If I start getting scar tissue on my supratip i want to inject it as soon as possible so i don't get a pollybeak. I am three months post op btw. My doc says he uses kenalog 40, I would like kenalog 10 or 20.

Waiting for Kenalog injections

If there is no supratip fullness then it seems unlikely that scar will form at a later date. You should let your physician choose what treatment, how and when, rather than rely on what you might have heard.

Kenalog injection #rhinoplasty #drbustillo #plastic surgery

It is rare to have "scar tissue" above the nostril. make sure that this is not the alar cartilage you are feeling. As for the supra tip, you can have a kenalog injection. However, the 40 is very concentrated. Perhaps you should start with the 10.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon