Scarring on Nose After Acne? (photo)

Well im 20 years old, alot of acne on my nose and using alot of benozyl peroxide, glycolic acid etc has caused spider veins on my nose and hyperpigmentation, also my acne doesnt heal properly and leaves behind a bump and theres been an accumulation of small bumps on my nose, also have alot of blackheads. Would a laser help me to fix my nose? The pictures dont describe the veins too well and the hyperpigmentation because it appears lighter, and the veins are very small

Hello

+1

In our office we have a few different options for acne scar suffers. You have a few different options every practice is different so you have to do your homework on who has what you are looking for. VIpeel is good but you might need a few done to get the results you want. Also DOT laser and micro laser peels. You should inform yourself on what would give you the results you are looking for. Read about it on our website.

Acne Scarring on Nose

+1

You have different elevations to your nose. I would consider laser resurfacing and some dermasanding to level the nose more. It is possible that excisions would help but a closer look would be needed. Filling in some areas of depression could also be of benefit.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Acne with Spider Veins could represent Sebaceous Adenoma

+1

Sebaceous Adenoma is end stage Acne Rosacea. If this is an accurate diagnosis of your condition made by your dermatologist or plastic surgeon, then yes laser resurfacing will help. It has been my experience that first reducing the proliferating vessels (Spider Veins) with either a 532nm or 565nm wavelength laser helps to reduce some of the redness and overall "irritated" look of the tissue.

Secondly, either CO2 laser, Dermabrasion, or Erbium Laser treatments will help to smooth out the bumpy irregularities as well as tighten the skin. These treatments will also retexturize the skin and help to reduce your outbreaks.

Lastly, if this is acne rosacea you would benefit from topicals targeting this disease process (ovace cream is my favorite), and a diet that reduces your exposure to fermented foods and drinks. This list includes alcoholic beverages, cheese, and vinegar containing salad dressings. Hot beverages such as coffee and food items such as spices and cinnamon.  M.Lyons,MD, FACS  Lyonsmd.net

Michael B. Lyons, MD, FACS
Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon