When Will Scarring Disappear After Augmentation/Lift?

How Soon Will Scarring Leave After a Breast Augmentation and Mastopexy? Will the scarring be noticeable to others?

Establishing proactive scar management

+1

Every person heals differently and will improve over the next 3 to 6 months.    Some patients require up to one year to fully mature.  A nice scar starts in the operation room. The incision must be placed in the right position, sutured keeping the tension off of the skin itself.  Also it has been show that keeping the incision taped for the first three weeks keeps some of the early tension off of the scar.  Then from the end of the third week to the end of the third month it helps to use a topical product with silicone.

Scar Recovery Rate

+1

The quality of scars after surgery depends on;
your skin type,
the surgeons technique,
and the way your skin heals.
Darker colored or olive skin, such as Asian skin, generally scar worse than light skin.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Scars after breast augmentation

+1

scars are permanent results of surgery and are variable and take up to two years to fully mature. We try to hide scars in inconspicuous places so that they are not as noticeable.

Leo Lapuerta MD FACS

Triple Board Recertified Plastic SUrgery

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Scars fade but never disappear

+1

In general scars get better overtime. It takes, however,  a long time to settle. I tell my patients that it may take up two years for the final outcome. Any residual scar after that is likely to be permanent.  I advise you  to see after pictures of patient who had breast lift and augmentation. It is necessary to the results of patients who good scars and bad scars. In general, scars after breast lift are noticeable.  You will be able to judge yourself once you review the after photos.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD