Scarring Inside the Nose After Open Septo-rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a septo-rhinoplasty 14 months ago. There is signiticant scarring on the inside of my nose. My nose is stiff and hard. I have been patient with the process. What can help at this point? My surgeon was not helpful! I am holding my nose up to show the scars.

Scar tissue in nose.

+1

That appears to probably be cartilage and not scar tissue but only a direct exam can tell for sure. Talk to your doctor about revising the area.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar after Open Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It looks like the right intranasal incision did not heal well. It could be that you have some lower lateral cartilage extruding into the scar as well. This can be fixed by excision and re-closure. You may also need a z -plasty closure.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Nose scar

+1

What you show in the picture can be sacr, but most probably is a misplaced cartillage that need to be repositioned. (another rhinoplasty to address that issue.

Septorhinoplasty

+1

From the photo there clearly seems to be some abnormal scar formation or a small growth or a cyst or fullness of some type.

Without knowing more details, you appear to need some corrective surgery done to help that area inside the nose.

If you are not getting anywhere with you current surgeon, I recommend that you seek another opinion.

I want to reassure you that there are solutions available.

good luck

Plantation Plastic Surgeon