Scarring from Accutane?

Can you please tell me the risks involved with additional scarring from accutane - not PIH, but ice pick or indented? My son is staring a course and has been scarring badly the last couple of months - the reason for taking the drug. Since his skin is already scarring, is there a greater risk of further scarring? I've read about this on a few sites, but it seems to be a very rare occurrence. What are your thoughts?

Scarring from Accutane

+1

Accutane does not cause scarring. Acne does. If your son is taking Accutane to combat the problem, that will stop the acne formation and therefore stop new scarring. Old scarring will still likely need to be addressed.