How to Lighten Scarred Elbow?

I have olive skin but from scarring my elbows at a young age, my elbows are very dark compared to the rest of my skin. What can I do to make them much lighter?

Therapeutic options of Keratoderma of elbows, knees, knuckles and ankles

+1

Most likely, you are describing a condition called keratoderma, which is congenital and can affect extensor surface areas of elbows, knuckles, knees and/or ankles. Under supervision of a board-certified dermatologist, strict daily sun proteciton in affected areas with a combination of glycolic acid lotion, topical retinoid cream and sometimes topical steroid can be helpful.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon