Risk of Scarring from a Chin Tuck?

I am considering a chin tuck...have been born with a double chin as my husband puts it! I excercise regularly and watch what I eat....but the chin's not budging. I scar easily (keloids) on certain parts of my body more than others. Should I be worried about scars when having a chin tuck done? I HATE my double chin, but don't want to really swop it for a scarred neck. PLEASE help. I am 36 years old, so fairly young skin still.

Chin tuck expectations

+1

A picture would be very helpful here, just of the lips down to protect your identity.  Sometimes, something as simple as liposuction may provide dramatic improvement of a double chin.  This is especially true in younger men and women because the skin is usually relatively elastic and will rebound with the reduced volume following fat reduction.  Occasionally a chin implant will help with this contour.  And, at times, a neck lift may be required.  The more invasive the surgery, the more likely to scarring.  Most surgery techniques today, however, will minimize or conceal scarring.  Liposuction should lead to imperceptible scarring.  As to see before and after pics before considering surgery.  Good pictures will give you an idea what to expect.  Good luck!

Risk of Scarring from a Chin Tuck?

+1

Regarding: "Risk of Scarring from a Chin Tuck?
I am considering a chin tuck...have been born with a double chin as my husband puts it! I excercise regularly and watch what I eat....but the chin's not budging. I scar easily (keloids) on certain parts of my body more than others. Should I be worried about scars when having a chin tuck done? I HATE my double chin, but don't want to really swop it for a scarred neck. PLEASE help. I am 36 years old, so fairly young skin still
."

without a photograph it is impossible to guess at the extensiveness of your double chin. Would you benefit from neck liposuction only? would you benefit from from a chin implant and liposuction? Would you benefit from liposuction and a form of neck lift? - EACH of these operation involves scarring and is associated with uncommon complications. You MUST accept the potential complications associated with YOUR operation.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Keeping scarring minimal on a chin tuck.

+1

A chin tuck will still leave scars, as it is a surgical procedure.  The scar will depend on the amount of laxity and amount of fat under the chin and neck.  For less severe cases, I prefer the iGuide method which offers minimal scarring.