Scarless Semi-elastic Lifting by Internal Suture?

I read about internal suture done for lifting face or boobs with least sagging to be least scarring only for small dots like liposuction, can it be applied for rest of the body? Thighs? It seems too good to be true :(

You are right to feel this is too good to be true

+2

These minimally invasive internal sutures that you mention have been "toyed" with in several ways for many years.  Most respectable plastic surgeons that I know, including myself, don't recommend them as the evidence for their significant long term effect is simply not there... sorry!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Thread Lifts Not Worth It for Most

+1
Sutures alone with out a lifting procedure in my experience and those of many other plastic surgeons "thread lift" do not have much longevity and not worth the effort. 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Minimally invasive percutaneous sutures

+1

There have been minimally invasive sutures that have been "dabbled" with by surgeons in the past, but I have not been overly impressed with the long term results.

Thread lifts vs facelift

+1

We have removed many of these threads/barbed sutures over the years.  They were placed  in the skin in attempt to tighten  it .  When we removed them at the time of a facelift, they do not paper to be holding up any tissue.  Remember a facelift involves tightening muscles in the neck and face, gentle skin tightening and fat removal in the neck.

Scarless Lifting with Threads or Sutures

+1

In general, thread lifts without skin resection when skin resection is required are not a good idea.  The longevity of these lifts is poor.  You will find a few advocates of the thread lift, but most plastic surgeons prefer other more conventional methods.

Scarless Lifting of the Face and Body

+1

Amoon, your question is really a good one as it has perplexed Plastic Surgeons in recent years. I t appears the developement of the barbed sutures is ahead of the research necessary to determine where these "internal" sutures may be used. The poor experience with the "Threadlift" has detered many surgeons from considering internal lifting under any cicumstance. The answer to your question is that today there are no viable internal suture lifting options. Do not be surprised if it becomes more popular in the future as surgeons spend more time and energy working through the current problems with these procedures.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Internal suture "facelifts" don't last

+1

There have been many versions of this idea. The threadlift is a familiar one. None of them does what a surgical facelift does, and in my experience the results that you do get don't last very long. There is a role for nonivasive and minimally invasive procedures, but if you are expecting facelift results you may be disappointed.

Richard Baxter, MD