Is Bra Roll Liposuction Included When Having Scarless Breast Liposuction?

Bra roll liposuction and breast reduction

+1
Bra roll liposuction is not part of a breast reduction by any technique. Certainly if a patient wants both, this should have been part of the discussion/negotiation prior to any procedure. Barring a minimal degree of reduction, I do not find liposuction to be a compelling procedure as it will not address the proper placement of the nipple and proportions required to create an aesthetically acceptable breast.

+1

"Scarless Breast Liposuction" is a marketing term and a misnomer. For liposuction to be carried out on the breast, one or two small incisions must be done to allow the liposuction steel suction tubes to be passed into the breast. This will leave small scars but scars none the less.

Equally, surgeons and operating facilities communicate based on AREAS. While the breast and its side wall extension constitutes an area the back does not and liposuctioning the back would require turning you on your side. To prevent misunderstandings, discuss this with your surgeon and make sure you both agree on what is and is not included.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Bra Roll and Breast Liposuction

+1

No, it would not be commonly assumed that a bra roll lposuction would be normally included in suction of the breast. Breast suction is performed on the breast with the patient lying on their back. It is not possible to reach all the way around the back in such a situation. I perform roll suction with the patient on their side in order to see and treat the entire area. This requires additional time and effort on the part of the surgeon to turn you and prepare the area for treatment. It certainly can be done, but would not commonly be included as part of the breast treatment.

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Bra roll liposuction?

+1

What is covered by your other procedures is something that should be discussed with your surgeon before your procedure.

Liposuction per zone

+1

Many physicians will localize the liposuction performed to a site or sites. It is important that during the consultation, the physician heres your desires and discusses with you which areas can be addressed. It is very helpful to even mark those areas and show you so you can agree or ask questions about other areas. In this way, you will have the best understanding as to what will be done and the expense.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bra strap liposuction part of liposuction breast reduction

+1

To some degree the fees charged for a procedure should reflect both the skill and time taken to accomplish the procedure. If this area represents a relatively minor amount of work, it may be included in the global procedure fee. If, however, it requires an extra hour of time, I doubt that it would be bundled in the initial procedure fee.

Bra roll liposuction

+1

Each surgeon has a different policy on this.  Personally, I would include some liposuction of the lateral chest, but liposuction of the back in the bra line area would be an additional procedure.  

Thomas Fiala, MD

Liposuction of Bra roll

+1

You definitely want to discuss exactly what is included in your breast liposuction.  Many women are often concerned with the bra roll and I have found that this roll often improves vastly with liposuction.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

What is included in breast liposuction

+1

This really depends on your surgeon and you may want to discuss which areas will be treated during the breast procedure.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS