I'm So Scared. I Need to Know if my Chin is Infected. My Surgeon Said No 2 Days Ago but After That, It Had Gotten Worse?

My doctor says that my chin is not infected but the incision has little holes and is leaking this orange and yellow fluid. I feel feverish and I have a lot of pain. I am very scared because I have heard horrible stories about infected surgeries and complications, like bacterias going to places in the body. I feel like going to the emergency room of the nearest hospital and have this thing removed from my chin before it gets worse. Please help me. Thanks

Chin Surgery Site Needs To Be Evaluated For Infection

+2

All of your symptoms from your chin surgery indicate that you need to be evaluated and treated for a probable infection.

Chin infection

+1

Its sounds from your description that you may have an infected chin implant.  This usually means removal of the implant or at least a course of antibiotics.  See a surgeon.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon. 

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin painful after implant

+1

I wholeheartedly agree with the other surgeons, this doesn't sound normal and needs to be evaluated soon. Don't delay, ask to see your surgeon again as soon as possible. Infections around an implant are usually not able to be salvaged. Good luck

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant infection

+1

Dear pelcarmen56,

1. It isn't normal to have fluid coming out of the wound
  2. And the pain (especially if it is getting worse) is also not normal
  3. I agree with the previous doc and you should see your surgeon ASAP

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Chin Implant

+1

It is much better to see your surgeon again and discuss your concerns and the new changes since the last examination. A blood work, to see if your white cell count is high, then one can plan the proper next step. Call your doctor today