Very Scared 16 Days After Sculptra- is It Growth Already?

A doc injected me 1 Vial of sculptra as a touch up.Before the injection was on the sides of the face along the jaw, just beneath the cheek bone and a little bit in the cheek hollws. This doctor injected everything in the cheek hollws . The day of injection I looked like a monster, he overcorrected 300 %, I was hiding in house 3 days until the swelling went down. Now I am at day 16 and I hate my face, its so fat, I look like a chipmunk and my smiles is crooked. It doesnt look me at all! HELP!

Be Patient. One amp of Sculptra will not create a longterm chipmonk cheek.

+1

In the average face, one amp of sculptra will never create overcorrection.

You can smooth it out more quicly by massage. (5 min. 5 times daily) and this works even as late as three weeks.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of chipmunk cheeks -- how to handle Sculptra overcorrection

+1

It sounds like you have persistent swelling after your recent Sculptra treatment.  Although it is difficult to say for sure without additional information and history, I seriously doubt that you are experiencing a true over correction of the Sculptra filler.  This is good news for you!  I think with additional patience, your swelling will subside and hopefully, you will grow to love the results of your fuller cheeks.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

It would be very hard to over correct using only one vial of Sculptra, as stated previously it is mainly water with the product mixed in which your body absorbs.  Be sure you are always massaged afterwards. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra can help restore collagen in your skin for a very natural rejuvenation

+1

Sculptra takes about 6-12 weeks to see true results since its restoring your body's own natural collagen. The injection consists of mostly water, with the particles suspended within it. There can be bruising and swelling after the treatment which can make the area look and feel swollen for 1-2 weeks, sometimes even a little longer.  It is very important to massage the area for five minutes 3-4 times per day for a week or so after the injections to make sure that the particles remain distributed well through the area and to avoid any bumps. When bumps do occur they are usuall very deep and are more palpable than visible.

It would be a good idea to have a follow up visit with the doctor who did the injection so they can evaluate and guide you as to whether or not what you are experiencing is normal and what you can do about it. Most people need 2-4 vials, injected over several visits to get optimal results.

Doris Day, MD