Are Silicone Sheets Tempoprary Scar Treatments?

Why do scars look "great" while using silicone sheets but as soon as usage is discontinued, they seem to return to normal?

I used sheets for 3 months with hope that the results would stay. But as soon as I stopped, the scar looked exactly the same as it did before I started using them. Very frustrating and disappointing!

Silicone sheets and scars

+1

There are many forms of scar treatments. Silicone sheeting or any pressure type dressing can help. If you have problem scars, then it is recommended to use it for 1 year.

Silicone sheets have very little effect on scarring.

+1

Silicone sheets seldom have any use in scar remodelling.  They may protect the scar if is in danger of being traumatized by clothing or something else.  Outside of that, it has no use.  The same goes for scar creams--they don't work.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,43-atlanta-buyer-beware.htm