Scar Treatments and Timing Post-Accutane?

I am currently on Accutane, which has worked very well on clearing up my acne. I had severe cystic acne, but now I have no active lesions on my face. However, it has left its scars. They are shallow, but very widespread. I am looking at possible laser treatments. What are good laser treatments, and what things could i do before that treatment?

Scar treatments post Accutane

+1

Scarring is one of the unfortunate things about acne, and when people take Accutane and the acne clears, they often see the damage that's been done. I would wait about 4-6 months after stopping your Accutane regimen and visit a board-certified dermatologist for an evaluation. There are different procedures that can be done, but it depends on how much scarring you have and how deep it is. There are fillers, laser treatments (like eMatrix and Fraxel), light treatments (IPL, FotoFacial, and Laser Genesis), and other treatments too. You may require a multitude of treatments, but you need to wait about 4 months after stopping Accutane to begin evaluating what's there, and about 6 months to do various procedures.