Scar Treatment Options?

I have a scar on my forehead in the middle part,close to my right eyebrows. I got into an accident when I was 4 years old and I have this scar for about 18 years now and I hate it. I always feel embarrass. And now, I am looking for the best options to reduce the visibility of my scar. I will post a picture if you needed. Thank you.

Treatment of forehead scars

+1

The two options for forehead scars include fractional laser skin resurfacing and scar excision and layered closure.  Both options are performed to improve forehead scars. 

Scar treatment

+1

Facial scars are the easiest to treat and heal the best of all parts of the body. See a board certified plastic surgeon for help

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Best scar revision options

+1

It is hard to say precisely your best option without a photo, but based on the location and age of your scar, likely laser resurfacing or surgical scar reduction are your best options. A little bit of dermabrasion or subcision may also be beneficial. See you dermatologist or plastic surgeon to review your best options.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Optimal scar treatment

+1

The optimal scar treatment depends on the exact characteristics of the scar, but almost every scar can be improved in some way.  One thing can also be said to be universally true: the best scar revision results occur when multiple modes of treatment are used.  That might involve any of the following:

• Surgical scar excision/reorientation
  • Dermabrasion
  • Steroid injection
  • Lux1540 Laser Scar Revision

It is not uncommon to use all of these to get the best result!  Though it may take many months, have hope that your scar can be improved by some combination of these.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

What are my scar treatment options?

+1

It's hard to say without a photo. For widened or depressed scars, it is often best to cut out the scar tissue and carefully close the wound creating a finer more delicate scar. Other scars can be sanded or treated with a laser to help them blend in better. The specific treatment modality depends upon exactly what is most objectionable about your scar. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead scar treatment options

+1

A picture of your forehead scar would be extremely helpful in order to answer your question.  If the scar is noticeable because it's wide or raised, then the most likely way to improve it would be to surgically remove it.  It it's depressed, it could be potentially treated with a filler or removed surgically.  It's also important to know in which direction the scar runs and exactly where it is located.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon