Scar Tissue 2 Years After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I taped for 6 months after surgery then was given injections every few months but two years later there's still a slight bump near the tip. Whenever I ask the doctor if it'll stay like that he says no. Last time he massaged the area and said that he broke up some of the scartissue and he only gave me a little injection because he doesn't want to over do it. I asked if I need another surgery, he said no. I'm confused on what to do or say to him. I'm self conscious about this and worried it won't go away.

Bumps that are present 2 years after rhinoplasty are unlikely going to go away

+1

Bumps that persist 1 to 2 years after rhinoplasty and don't respond to steroid injections are likely permanent unless removed surgically. They may be due to scar tissue, cartilage shifting or regrowth or structures around the area settling and shrinking around it. You should see a specialist in revision rhinoplasty for a personal evaluation and opinion on how best to remedy this condition.

Rhinoplasty results after 1 year are permanent.

+1

Rhinoplasty results after 1 year are permanent. I would see a revision rhinoplasty specialist with a greatry deal of experience.  

Get a second opinion.

+1

See some one who does a lot of noses and be reevaluated. By year two your nose ahold have settled.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Dorsal bump after primary rhinoplasty

+1

I totally agree with the previous answer, if after 2 years you still have that little bump, you´ll need a revision rhinoplasty.

Edgar Santos, MD
Mexico Facial Plastic Surgeon

May benefit from physically removing the scar tissue...

+1

The odds are that the scar tissue will not go away if it is still there after two years. I am assuming you are taking dilute steroid injections which his advice was correct, if overdone, can kill the skin cells. You may benefit from physically removing the scar tissue by reopening the nose.

Good luck to you!

- Dr. Frank Stile

Frank L. Stile, MD