Scar Tissue Removed from my Right Breast Area?

I had scar tissue removed from my right breast area because it made my silicone implant look to high, by doing this it made that breast look to relaxed and my left breast looked perfect. My doctor says to make it look fuller he wants to inject blood into the area that he removed the scar tissue, he says by doing this it will make the breast look fuller. Is this true? I am kinda Leary.

Injecting blood to make breast implant look fuller?

+1

I have not heard of this as an established, accepted or even effective procedure.  I share your hesitation and would advise one or more consults with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Injecting blood after capsulectomy?

+1

I have never heard of this treatment and would be extremely skeptical of this recommendation.

Blood injections after implants?

+1

i have nver heard of anyone purposefully injecting blood into the breast implant pcoket.  I would question the validity of that procedure.

Injecting blood to improve breast implant results?

+1

Without a clinical exam or photographs it is impossible to give you accurate advice on the treatment modality that you describe in your question. However, injections of blood into breast tissue after the placement of breast implants has never been a treatment that is offered to my patients to improve their appearance. Perhaps a second opinion is warranted.

Thank you for your question and best of luck!

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Scar tissue after a breast augmentation is normal. I must admit I don't know about injecting blood. Consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area if you want a second opinion.

Capsular contracture after breast implant

+1

Hi

It sounds like you had removal of capsular contracture (a capsulectomy, meaning cutting out the scar tissue surrounding the implant) from the right breast. Your doctor may have suggested injecting some fat to make the breast fuller - injecting blood will be quite an unconventional treatment!

If you post some before and after photographs, it may be easier to suggest some practical options. I would also suggest that you wait for a few months to let the right breast settle before going for any further surgery.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Injecting blood into the breast as a filler??

+1

I haven't heard of this. I have heard of injecting fat. I am curious to see what the other surgeons say...

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon