Can Scar Tissue from Plastic Surgery Cause Severe Pain?

I had a tummy tuck in April of 08 and my skin died so my Dr. did a revison in May of 08 to remove the dead skin. I still need a 3rd surgery, as he left dead black skin and it turned into a hole in my stomach. I packed it with gauze and it eventually got to be skin again, it still looks bad and they need to do another revison. I have awful pain in my stomach and was wondering if this is scar tissue causing me so much pain or could it be something else? My doc says I should not be in pain.

The best way for me to describe the pain is it feels like I am carrying a 20 lbs of hardness in my stomach all the way to my pubus area. I am in so much pain it's controlling my life. I still can't cough right- it's not a normal cough. Is a lot of painful scar tissue usual with a tummy tuck? Cause this hurts and I am miserable. Will it last forever? Can anyone please help? thanks jen

Complications after tummy tuck / abdominoplasty

+2

It sounds like you have had some very unusually complications following tummy tuck. In typical situations, patients would not develop the problems you are describing and would not have the degree of scar tissue that you have developed. Without a picture, it is impossible to give you specific advice. You benefit from scar release, but without examening you, it is hard to tell for sure. Good luck.