Raised Scar Inside Nose After Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty

I've had 2 nose surgeries: Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty both times. I have scar tissue inside which pertrudes on both sides of my nose. You can actually see a bump on each side of my nose, what can I do? The last surgery was over 1 1/2 years ago, I did have one steroid injection which did not help. In fact, the sides of my nose look bigger than ever. Please help.

Scar inside nose after two Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty, now what?

+1

After two Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty surgeries, it.s probably best that you have in person consultations with plastic and cosmetic surgeon experienced with Rhinoplasty so the nose can be examined.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Talk with Your Surgeon

+1

Greetings,

Sorry to hear that your surgery did not turn out like you want. What you describe could be abnormal scarring or it may represent cartilage. If it is scarring, multiple steroid injections may be needed or even excision of the tissue. If the problem is cartilage, repeat surgery may be needed to correct the problem. The best option is to speak with your surgeon about your concerns and determine what options you may have.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scarring after Rhinoplasty

+1

Fortunately, the scarring is inside your nose. You mention that one steroid injection did not help. That is not surprising; usually several injections separated by 4-6 weeks are necessary when using that technique. Athough I haven't seen the scars, direct excision may be helpful. 

Most likely, your nose can be improved.

+1

Hi!

I don't blame you for being upset.  It is impossible to tell you exactly what's wrong, or what needs to be done without examining you.  But in my experience, there are very few noses that cannot be helped.

My web site has links to the plastic surgery societies, where you can get a name near you.

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty may help your nose.

+1

Sometimes visible bumps on both sides of the nose after 2 rhinoplasties is residual cartilage, not scar tissue. These bumps are often referred to as bossae, and their management is very difficult even in the most experienced hands.

Since I don't have your photos, I'm not completely certain that this is your problem. I do know that a 3rd revision rhinoplasty is very difficult, and probably something you could avoid.

I have had wonderful success repairing rhinoplasty, nose-bumps with injectable fillers. One of my patient's photos are in my RealSelf profile, and I attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty page for your perusal.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/731/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon