Scar Tissue Inside the Nose Go Down After Rhinoplasty?

After years of hating my nose I decided to get a nose job exactly 2 weeks ago. Do far so good and I am happy with the appearance of my new nose. However, I can feel some small scar tissue building right inside my nose. Does this go down over time or something that has to be removed?

Scar Tissue After Rhinoplasty

+2

Having some scar tissue after rhinoplasty surgery is typical, but as other surgeons here have mentioned it will improve over time. I find it seldom necessary to remove. However in the case that scar tissue causes some sort of obstruction then it must be excised.

Scar tissue two weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Since it has only been two weeks since your rhinoplasty, it is probably not scar tissue that is present. More likely is fluid retention inside the nose or a piece of swollen cartilage from your tip surgery. This should settle down over the next several months.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

2 Weeks Too Early To Assess Scar Tissue in Rhinoplasty

+1

The intial swelling with rhinoplasty can take a while to resolve. During that time you can sometimes feel some hard scar tissue building up. It typically resolves with time.

Do not try to feel your nose, instead look at it. If you SEE a swelling or asymmetry bring it to the attention of your surgeon. It can be resolved with Kenalog injections in early recovery period.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.net

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue 2 weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

This is probably only swelling and will require nothing more than patience to resolve. Your surgeon will let you know in 6 months if this has not gone away.

Scar Tissue, Swelling Inside of Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Huskies,

Glad to hear that you like your new nose. Your nose will take months to fully heal, and swelling will progressively decrease. You should keep your fingers and anything else smaller than your elbow out of the inside of your nose after rhinoplasty. If you have the need to feel something inside of your nose, see you rhinoplasty surgeon and let him/her examine you. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

You should be experiencing a lot of swelling at this point, and the scar tissue and swelling inside the nose will go down with time.  Be patient, as this can take many months, and sometime up to a year, to fully resolve.  You may also notice that some parts of the nose will remain swollen longer than others, and this is not unusual.  Best wishes, /nsn.