What Can I Do About Lumpy Results After 2 Lipos?

My stomach looks awful after having lipo (lumpy) and it's been over 10 years. I recently went back to the doctor to have it corrected only to find out it looks exactly the same. I heard Frankincense oil can help break down the tissue, is this true or is there a procedure that can help?

Lumpiness of abdomen

+1

I have never heard of that oil to help with irregularities. It is tough to correct lumpiness sometimes.  Get a second opinion on consultation.

Lumpy after liposuction

+1

I'm not familiar with the oil you mentioned. If it is to be applied topically, then I don't think it could help. If it is to be injected, I would strongly urge you to stay away from that as it could possibly cause harm. If you have lumpiness after liposuction, the focal lumps can respond to small liposuction procedures. You didn't mention if you had a second liposuction. If the lumpiness is swelling, which is doubtful after ten years, then Velashape or endermologie might help.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Disappopinting Lumpy Liposuction Results

+1

Irregularities and lumpiness after liposuction are very hard to correct if not impossible. The best alternative depends on your tummy skin laxity - if the area is confined to the lower abdomen where the affected skin can be removed with a Tummy Tuck that would give the best result. Other options are much more challenging and involve targeting individual area with fat grafting and fat dispersion in a challenging effort to reduce the waviness.

Fat grafting for liposuction irregularities is helpful

+1

Liposuction contour irregularities can be very challenging to fix- almost impossible to completely improve. Without a photo (you can post them on RealSelf  BTW) its difficult to comment on your situation precisely. There are a couple of options available for patients in your situation.

1. If you have skin laxity and contour irregularities limited to the region of your tummy below the belly button, then a tummy tuck will remove these irregular regions. If the irregularities are above your belly button, then a TT will only move them lower.

2. If you have relatively simple irregularities of the soft tissue contour, and NO skin laxity, then fat grafting and liposuction can be done at the same time to try to 'fill in' the low spots and liposuction the high spots. This is not a guarantee for a perfectly smooth contour, but in the right hands, it may help.

Doing more lipo, and expecting a different result is not the right thing to do.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS