Can Scar Tissue or Keloid Form Internally Around the Mesh After a Hernia Surgery?

I had inguinal hernia repaired and my skin keloids; I understand keloids are external and it has healed fine outside but it's been 7 months since my surgery and it aches inside, so I'm wondering if my body is building scar tissue around the mesh because it's a foreign object in my body....

Inguinal Hernia Mesh Scarring

+1

Everyone scars differently and reacts differently to meshes. Repairing hernias with meshes gained momentum in the 1980's with the work of Lichtenstein and now the vast majority of hernias are repaired this way. Although some discomfort is seen after hernia surgery a great amount of discomfort is not typical and MAY me the result of a nerve injury or entrapment and possible either hernia repair failure or an untreated femoral or obturator hernia on the same side. You really need to be seen by your hernia surgeon.