Do I Have Scar Tissue in my Breast After Implant Removal?

I had both my saline implants removed after 16 years. Pre-op, I was a 32A post-op 34C. My left breast is nice and soft and is a nice full A but my right breast is firm and feels like I still have an implant in it. It is also larger than the left. Could this be scar tissue? If so, how can it be corrected?

Hardness Swelling after Implant Removal

+1

It is unusual to have hardness and the feel of an implant after removal.    I would recommend urgent evaluation by your plastic surgeon.  

You probably have some type of fluid collection.   Either seroma (caused by lymphatic fluid) or hematoma (bleeding) are potential causes.  If either are present, you are likely to require operative intervention to address safely and minimize problems longterm.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Dr. Gill

Breast still large and firm and implant removal

+1

If your surgery was fairly recent, you may have an accumulation of fluid within your old implant pocket, either from blood (hematoma) or serous fluid (seroma). Follow up with your plastic surgeon to see if this is the case. Placement of a drain or needle aspiration may the solution to your problem. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast implant reoval

+1

After removal of breast implant, where the breast is hard to the feel could very much be a seoma fluid accumulation. See your plastic surgeon for examination and diagnosis