Scar Tissue or Just Healing?

Inside my right nostril, i think my cartilage septum is more prominent than the one on the left side. It occasionally hurts (very very very slightly) and it looks more 'meaty' inside that nostril. I can see some white lines on it too. I am 3 months post-op. Is this normal? I remember in the first week that part of my nostril would bleed more than the left one.

Scar Tissue or Just Healing?

+1

This may just be scar tissue and normal healing, but an exam would be able to determine this.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Possible scar tissue inside the nose after a rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to tell from your description if this is just swelling or something to be concerned about.  Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to understand your problem and anatomy.