Does Scar Tissue from Major Surgeries Potentially Interfere with Weight Loss? (photo)

Between June 2010 and December 2010 I had 3 major abdominal surgeries for bowel cancer. I am 29 years old and I found since the surgery that I cannot lose weight no matter what I do. I currently weigh 84kg's and would really like to lose 14kg's. I am a medium build and 167cm tall. Is it possible that the scar tissue is holding onto fatty tissue making it harder for me to lose weight. I have tried eating well and exercising at the gym 3-4 times a week for 2 hrs each session. I'm so frustrated!

Tough to lose weight

+1

I am so sorry to hear about your serious health problems.  Unfortunately, there is no evidence that scar tissue "holds onto fat" making it harder to lose.  You might sit down with a dietician and really count out exactly the calories you take in and what you burn on a daily basis.  As long as they are equal, you can't lose weight.  If calories burned exceeds those taken in, you will lose weight.  A person even went so far as to eat nothing but Twinkies for a month and lost weight because the ratio of calories in to out was such that he still lost weight.