Scar Tissue Causing Adhesions, Muscle Pain. Medical Problems. Need Surgeon

following revisional 2002 face lift, formed scar tissue causing muscle imbalance from jaw-neck. lid retraction, collapsed nostrils. completely healthy-great tissue shoirtage. will do grafts so i can function. seeking any improvement in situation.

Scar Tissue Causing Adhesions, Muscle Pain

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

Face Lift

+1

You will need a university level of expertise to assist in this or interview several Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area and see if they are comfortable in the reconstruction or they may refer you to a university they know that specializes in your needs. 

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue, adhesions and medical issues after a face lift

+1

You have a long list of complications and concerns after your plastic and cosmetic surgeries that should be addressed during personal consultations.  IMHO, you should have several consultations with experienced Face lift surgeons for evaluation and recommendations.

Solutions for post facelift scarring

+1

To begin with I'll do my best not to disparage someone elses work.  Other doctors do this to make themselves look good.  I think this is unbecoming of them. The scarring in your neck can be improved as well as the eyelid retraction.  I tend to think outside of the box. Fat injections to your neck can improve the scarring. I know because I have treated many clients with these issues that have come to me from other doctors. The nostril retraction is a different issue and may need some rhinoplasty techniques to improve the situation including cartilage grafts, etc.

Thanks for reading, Dr Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue 9 years later?

+1

obviously you need to be examined. what you are describing is something I have honestyly never encountered after cosmetic surgery.  I say this after training at NYU/Bellvue  hospital for 4 years of medical school. 5 years of general surgery. three years of plastic surgery. and 15 years of private practice in the boca area. the fact that it occured after revisional surgery makes me think it was at least your second operation. What made you revise it in the first place? Why wait 9 years to ask the question? curious

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Scarring after surgery

+1
Sounds like a difficult time you've had. Before anyone can give you a definitive answer, you need to be examined by a board certified plastic surgeon. Our office is local to you here in Florida. We'd be happy to evaluate you and give an opinion. You may be a candidate for revision surgery depending on the exam findings. Best wishes.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sounds just awful.

+1

Elaine

Congratulations on taking the first step which is considering correcting this damage.  Often the emotional trauma of putting yourself in the hands of a surgeon only to be harmed by cosmetic surgery can make it exceptionally difficult to seek the necessary help to correct these issues.

Good emotional support is also essential in this process.  Clinical depression is a common problem in these circumstances. 

Please understand that you are going to need more than one specialist to help you.  There are no cosmetic surgeons who are skilled in correcting all the facets that you describe.  For the nose, very specialize grafting techniques are needed to rebuild a functioning nasal valve which at the same time improves overall nasal aesthetics.  Lid retraction repair needs another set of specialists, generally highly skilled oculoplastic surgeons.  

One institution that immediately comes to mind is the Cleveland Clinic.  Frank Papay, M.D. is a double boarded plastic surgeon and Chairman of plastic surgery.  He does very specialized nasal reconstruction.  Also at that institution is Julian Perry, M.D. and extremely talented oculolplastic surgeon.  Both Dr. Papay and Perry were part of the team that performed the first full face transplant in the United States. 

Scar tissue adhesions

+1

Elanie,

Sorry to hear about your predicament.  Without a full exam it is difficult to say what procedures, if any, would improve your overall situation.  You can email me pictures or call the office for an appointment to give you more information.

Thanks

Ernesto Hayn, MD

Problems 9 years after facelift

+1

I would be curious to know if this is the first time you have sought out advice for your post-operative troubles?  Have you returned to the surgeon who performed your operation to get his input?  That is generally the first step I would recommend.  If he is not available to you then you should at least seek an opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  If you find the right surgeon, he or she should be able to address all of your concerns adequately.  Sometimes patients are afraid to follow-up with problems because they are embarrassed or somehow feel it is their fault.  If that is the case with you, you do not need to feel that way and any plastic surgeon with cosmetic expertise should be happy to see you and try to help.

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD