Can Scar Tissue Burn?

I have a small burn scar on my face. It's not that noticable physically but there's a small burning sensation in it from time to time. It doesn't always feel this way. I was curious if it could be scar tissue that was causing the feeling? Or could it be caused by some underlying nerve damage that was caused by the burn?

Painful or uncomfortable scar tissue

+1

Scar tissue can involve sensory nerves and cause you to have abnormal sensation.  If this is the case, I would recommend early intervention to treat the scar tissue. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx