Scar Tissue Under Areola Incision?

I had my BA 7 months ago and have scar tissue under the nipple incision. I realy do not want implants anymore and want to explant. Would this scar tissue cause the nipple to cave in? Can a plastic surgen do anything about it during explant.

Scar Depression after Breast Implants

+1

If you would like the breast implants removed, this can be done and the depression can be fixed at the same time.  This is the result of not approximating the deeper tissues of the breast capsule, SFS, whatever you want to call it. Kenneth Hughes, MD  HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles, CA    

Areola Scar

+1

Without your scar being fully matured and without an in person examination it is hard to predict what your scar will do. Your surgeon may chose another way to explant your implants, regardless the lack of tension will make it less noticeable.

Removing breast implants.

+1

Thanks for your question. Depending on the size of your breast implants you may see significant deflation, including at the nipple. Talk to your surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Scar by nipple

+1

A scar by the nipple may cause the incision to pucker in. This may be amenable to a revision.  Removing the implant is a personal choice.

Scar

+1

You will reform the same scar after the surgery. It may not be as prominent because the implant is now gone and there is less tension on the scar.

Areolar Incision Scar

+1

Thank you for the question. I am afraid that without at least pictures it is not possible to give an opinion. Scar tissue is how we heal. Whether from an accident or surgery, the body's way of healing is to make scar. When it is removed by a surgeon it will merely be replaced by another scar. You are 7 months form your surgery, therefore your scar has not reached it's period of full maturation which occurs over 12 months.

I recommend you follow up with your plastic surgeon. With an in-person examination and a discussion of your concerns they will be better able to address your case.

Scar Tissue Under Areola Incision?

+1

I don't think this question can be answered without an in person exam. Everyone who has an incision has scar tissue. I don't suspect that your chances of having a caved in nipple are any greater than it would be if you couldn't feel a scar there. 

Your surgeon may recommend removing these via an incision in the fold based upon the exam you would have.

Thanks and best wishes.