Scar Tissue after lower lid retraction surgery gives the appearance of bags. Is this a common thing? (photo)

In 2007, I fell victim to zygomatic facial fractures. The resulting surgery caused for the right lower eye lid to start healing to the bone. I had 2 lower lid retraction surgery, then another a year later to remove the excess fat. Unfortunately, the right lower eye lid has developed scar tissue that makes me look like I have bags under my right eye all the time. Is there anything that can help me? 

Right lower lid and orbital fx

+1
It might be that you had an implant placed to correct the orbital floor defect. Eventhough this is subperiosteal, it may push on your globe and  fat a bit to cause the fat to herniate. Best to be seen in person.

Baggy lower lids

+1
It looks like you have herniated retroseptal fat across the R lower lid.  This is corrected doing a blepharoplasty.  However, you have a complicated history including multiple surgeries for lower lid retraction.  The risk of doing another procedure is that it could worsen your lower lid retraction. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon