Scar Tissue After Lower Blepharoplasty? (photo)

Now I am 4 weeks post lower blepharoplasty (photo). A day after stiches removed, raised area appeared under one eye, and two prominent bumps at corner of same eye. Other eye had only slightly raised area, no bumps. Surgeon says this is scar tissue; he raised or elevated muscle(s) but did not remove fat tissue (I had lower bleph.12 years ago). After two weeks of using a sticky patch (don't know name) and massaging, no change. Can this scar tissue be removed and how, after a waiting period?

Eyelid surgery

+2

Give it more time. Massage will help, but it will take more time. I would not recommend any revision for at least 6 months.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

1 Month after Eyelid Surgery

+2

1 month after eyelid surgery in this case is too early to consider any type of revision.  The scars will mature and swelling will resolve, and the area of concern will improve.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lower eyelid healing

+2

Healing following lower eyelid surgery takes not days or weeks but rather months. While a vast improvement in appearance occurs typically very early on, incision lines require time. I always have felt that a lower eyelid looks its best 6 months after surgery. One must have patience.  Steroid ointment and injectables are available if so needed. Speak with your surgeon.

Rand Rodgers, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Healing After Revision Eyelid Surgery

+2

Thank you for your question and the photo. Though a lot of healing has occurred in the 4 weeks since your procedure, there is still much more to come. The results of an aesthetic eyelid procedure will continue to evolve for 9-12 months. This is particularly true when the procedure is a second surgery on the same area (even if years have passed). Patience, some massage, or perhaps gentle doses of kenalog (a steroid) can be helpful. You should discuss these options with your surgeon.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Patience will be your frien

+2

Gero

The contour issues you see on your lower eyelid may be postoperative swelling/scarring issues. My suggestion at this point would be to continue massage of the area and would consider injection of a mild steroid. This being your second lower blepharoplasty, it is possible that you may have prolonged swelling in the area. Nevertheless I suggest you wait for this area to improve with time (3-6 months ) ; unless other issues come up.

Andres Sarraga, MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

Healing After Lower Blepharoplasty

+1

Healing after lower blepharoplasty is not complete until one year after surgery.  The area at the corner of your eye may still improve in time.  It could also respond to the injection of a steroid with or without 5 fluorouracil.  I recommend that you discuss this issue with your surgeon again.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon